Monday 19 October 2009

Crab with lime, chilli and linguine

I love crab meat – especially the white stuff! This probably dates back to my early years when my mother used to bring a fresh crab home from the docks in Fleetwood – and other food delicacies. In fact my father’s favourite food was Dover sole, Lobster and Scallops – now I know where I get the taste from…

Anyway, I digress, This dish is fresh and tasty and with warm pasta – is a decent autumn starter.

Ingredients:

  • 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
  • 250gms of White Crab Meat
  • Juice of 2 lines and their zest
  • Juice of one lemon
  • 1 chopped red chilli
  • 1 tsp of sugar syrup
  • 1 cup of chopped spring onions
  • ½ cup of chopped parsley
  • 1 cloves of garlic – chopped
  • Linguine – cooked – enough for 4 small servings

Mix all of the ingredients (except pasta and crab) in a bowl and allow to infuse. Cook the linguine and when drained, mix in with the crab and citrus mixture. Serve straight away and enjoy. This could serve 2 people as a main meal or 4 as a starter. I will post up soon another Thai version of this with Mango…..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print

Print Friendly and PDF