Tuesday 15 December 2009

Winter Warmers...

One of the issues with cold weather, apart from the fact I can’t stand it, is that I tend to cook food that is warming and worthwhile. You know, the sort of food like pies, stews and suchlike. The other problem is that it is ‘party-time’. So if we are not blagging a meal somewhere then I am cooking for more than just our household. In fact next weekend is a prime example – a chicken Dhansak for 30 people. I seem to have no problem catering for 6 or 12 but 30 people! Why do I just seem to find it difficult – maybe the fact that most of my catering equipment is designed for not much more than 8! Still that said, it will still work out well (even if it is by the skin of my teeth) – I’ll post the recipe and details soon…..

 

PS If you want to enjoy a cheap cut of beef, like Silverside, cook the joint in an over at about 140deg C for around 3.5 to 4 hours plus – I did this with a small joint last weekend and it was delicious and very tender….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print

Print Friendly and PDF