Monday 9 August 2010

Smoking Food...!

Now I don’t mean finely chopping dried herbs and rolling up in a Rizla or dried meat rolled up in a smoke herring skin like a cigar, I mean hot smoking food to cook it or enhance its flavour – and then eat it! I was recommended this little gadget http://tinyurl.com/25xaj6g (many places sell them, not just Amazon) and I am delighted with the initial results. The only issue I have is that Mrs H has a slight issue with smoke – even a tiny bit, so I’m going to have to find a way of using it outside or in the shed. The smoker is pretty good at keeping most of the smoke inside itself but some does escape and even the hob extractor doesn’t take it all away.

It worked well, even on my electric hob and about 25 minutes was just right to smoke a gutted rainbow trout – I used apple wood dust which came with the smoker. The result was a moist and delicately smoked fish without spoiling the lovely flavour of the trout. Its goiung to take a little practice but I am looking forward to smoking some sausages and maybe even some smoked mash! Will keep you updated on the progress….

1 comment:

  1. Wow, excellent post. I'd like to draft like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article. This post has encouraged me to write some posts that I am going to write soon. kak da otkazhem tsigarite nai lesno

    ReplyDelete

Print

Print Friendly and PDF