As a tribute to Keith Floyd, I thought I would dust off a copy of ‘Floyd on
- 4 Small Chicken breasts – boned and skinned
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 shallot – finely chopped
- 1 glass of dry white wine
- 1 medium beetroot – cooked and pureed with its own weight in butter
- 150ml (5fl.oz) double cream
- Fresh Chervil and julienne strips of cooked beetroot to garnish
Season the chicken and sauté gently in butter for about 4 minutes on each side. Keep warm and covered.
Boil the shallot in the wine until almost reduced to nothing. Now stir in the beetroot butter into the remaining wine and shallot until melted. Add the cream until you have a smooth consistency and a bright purple sauce. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
There should be a little juice from the chicken that has been resting: pour thid into the sauce. Then slice each breast into thin scallops and reconstruct into its original shape. Pour a little sauce on to each plate, lay the chicken on top of the sauce and decorate with strips of beetroot and chervil.
Oh, by the way - don't serve it with dauphinoise potatoes - just too much! I think crushed new potatoes would be much better.