Wednesday 29 July 2009

Morrocan Meatballs

Here is a rich and tasty dish. You can experiment with a range of sauces but the tomato one here is rich and tasty!

Ingredients:

  • 450gms Minced Lamb
  • 1 x red onion – peeled and grated
  • 2 x cloves of garlic – crushed
  • 2cm piece of ginger – grated
  • 2 tsp of gropund cumin – I prefer grinding the seeds myself
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
  • Olive oil
  • 200ml of decent chicken stock
  • Handful of chopped fresh coriander.

Put the lamp, onion, one crushed clove of garlic, half the ginger and spices in a bowl and mix together well – add seasoning – finish mixing and then form the mixture into small balls. I tend to end up with about 40 of the chaps.

Heat 1tbsp of olive oil in a large pan and then add the meatballs – cook in batches until brown and then remove and put to one side. Now add the rest of the garlic, ginder and spices and cook for 2 mins. Add the tomatoes, sotch and season and simmer for about 15mins. Now add back the meatballs and cook until the sauce is nice and thick – approx 30mins (or less) Prior to serving, stir in the coriander. Serve this with anything you like – I prefer couscous but Jacqui prefers spaghetti or similar – either way use some more coriander in it!

The couscous can be made with stock, butter and coriander stirred in at the end. Enjoy

2 comments:

  1. Hello Matt - I came to your blog via the UKFBA and I have to admit that it was Ronnie's handsome face that first caught my attention! I also share my kitchen with a border terrier (or he graciously shares his kitchen with me, depending on your point of view). Glad I dropped in though - these meatballs look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try and add photos in due course. Ronnie says hi. Meatballs are top comfort food!! Matt

    ReplyDelete

Print

Print Friendly and PDF