Monday 16 March 2009

Curry Sauces and more!

Im not one to go for pre prepared sauces but last night I was a little surprised by the contents of Meahs Freshly made Indian Sauce. It was very good! Now, you see, I can knock up a very good Indian curry, but the Dhansak sauce I tried was amazing. Now I hear you ask What were you doing in the first place buying it! Well the truth is that my wife was given a selection to try out.

The sauce will make a decent curry for 4 people just add chicken and fried onion (as in the case of the Dhansak) and leave to cook. Very simple and easy ideal for a mad rush etc. These days I dont want a curry every week, but it is certainly worth having a tub in the fridge. (Being freshly made, they dont have a long shelf life) Not sure how much they cost I think about £4.50 a tub but well worth it!

I have a feeling this week is going to be fish week! On Sunday we had a meal out in Godalming taking my elderly mother out to lunch ( Im 89 years old, you know!’)    I had a very nice sword fish with panfried vegetables and it was very good not sure the pesto butter complemented it but still very good. Anyway, this spurred me on and what with the lovely weather and winter on the back burner, I thought I would put fish on the menu this week. I also have a lunch to prepare on Saturday so will probably go for fish as well as some of the guys have special diets!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print

Print Friendly and PDF