Monday 6 April 2009

Lobster and Rice!

As Tescos were selling off frozen lobster at a fiver each, I thought I would buy a couple to have a salad with at the weekend. Once I had removed all the meat from the shells I found that the flavour was a little bland (what did I expect!) so there was a quick change of plan. I warmed the coursely chopped meat in garlic butter and served with a warm 'nut' rice.
 
Ingredients for rice (serves 2 - well!):
 
  • 1/2 cup of basmatic rice
  • 60ml shelled pistachios
  • 60ml pine nuts
  • 60ml of small sultanas
  • 1 small onion chopped
  • Butter and oilive oil
  • Saffron
  • 1/2tsp Salt
 
Boil the rice with the safron and salt until tender and then rinse, drain and leave to drain whilst preparing the rest.
Fry the onions in a small amount of butter until starting to turn golden. Then add the remaining ingredients to slightly toast the nuts etc. When toasted, add the drained rice and cook until warmed though for a few minutes or so.
 
Serve with the lobster spooned over the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print

Print Friendly and PDF