Monday 6 July 2009

French dishes!

We travel to France a lot. Whether for a holiday, car rallies etc or whether it is off to our apartment in Le Touquet, we always try to get a bit of culinary excitement in! This last weekend was no exception. I managed to order a set meal at our one of our favourite Bistro's in Le Touquet and for €15 Euros managed to get a Mussel Quiche for starters, a mixed grill brochette as my main, a Tarte Tatin for my pudding and followed by an Expresso - not bad value. Jacqui chose a lamb Tagine a massive bowl of heaven! Even in today's climate the value was superb and the quality great. All too recently I have been disappointed with the quality or thought it just too expensive confidence now restored!!

Watch out on this space for my Mussel Quiche. (There was also a lavender mustard sauce on the menu!!)

A visit to a French delicatessen (epicerie) meant we also didn't come home empty handed.. Truffle Oil spray, Melon Syrop and some culinary lavender. Ooh, so much to choose from! Now, where is my pan.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print

Print Friendly and PDF