Wednesday 1 July 2009

The heat and cooking!

I’m sort of glad that I am not a full time cook! I need to be hungry to enjoy my cooking and in this heat (I’m not complaining) my appetite is diminished. This, of course, is made up by my terrific thirst. This is normally satiated by a cider, cold Guinness or a decent beer (most colours apply!). In addition to not being that hungry it is far to warm to ‘slave over a hot stove’! I suppose in one way or another this is an excuse for not updating the blog! Ha!

The list of dishes to do in the near future is:

  • Belly pork with pork loin
  • A fresh crab, lime, mango and coriander starter – done this before and it was superb
  • Canapes – got a wine tasting coming up in due course and need to experiment – any ideas?
  • The famous sausage and tomato pie - do you deserve this recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print

Print Friendly and PDF